Rough Going Over There

Rough Going Over There

Along with participating in
 an online class, I am still working on a huge painting that I started last October, along with a few works of art (not always paintings) for the class. So my art life has been very full. (I also had the opportunity to take some new work to be exhibited! Delightful, but time consuming!)

This painting was finished in 2016 as part of a daily challenge series, and at that time, it was called Abstract 024. I think I am going to give it a new name, and a new introduction to all of you. I am struck with how well it is illustrating my last couple of weeks. It is a loose landscape, and looks a bit rough and chaotic. Yep. That fits well. 


10" x 10"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

This palette knife painting suggests a foreign landscape, and maybe even sheep in the foreground. And even in this chaotic place, the sheep seem to be grazing peacefully - maybe trusting their shepherd. So I think that instead of focusing on the rough terrain, I would like to mention a couple of blessings from today's quiet time. 

From 1 Thessalonians 5:14‭, ‬21‭, ‬23‭-‬24
 "... comfort the discouraged, help the weak, be patient with everyone.... but test all things. Hold on to what is good … Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely. And may your spirit, soul, and body be kept sound and blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."


And, here are a couple of quotes from a book that I am reading with my Beloved Husband! (And if you know him, you know how amazing that is! He is definitely all action and strength and is brilliant in almost every way, but he prefers NOT to sit still and read.)

 "I write this little book because the truth and beauty of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, are breathtaking."

"The tragedy of the world is that the echo is mistaken for the Original Shout. When our back is to the breathtaking beauty of God, we cast a shadow on the earth and fall in love with it. But it does not satisfy."

"Infinite delight is a dangerous duty. But you will not regret the pursuit."

"Any other joy would be qualitatively insufficient for the longing of our souls..." 

Can you guess the author? 

The Dangerous Duty of Delight, by John Piper


Comments