In Passing

In Passing

 You are going to love this blog post, especially if you are a friend that needs to 'figure out' my paintings! (I am speaking a little bit facetiously.) I cannot explain the title for this painting at all. But, I know it is the right title for it. How's that for giving you the keys to understanding my art? 

I can tell you a couple of things about it. I have 'broken the rules' in a couple of places on this one, and I have decided that I like it that way and I will keep it. For one thing, I have used two main elements - the swirly shapes - in the piece. The 'rule' says that odd numbers are more pleasing. And I usually agree! 


8" x 8"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
NLA


Also, my design and composition are running off the canvas. This can be very distracting, certainly, but again, in this piece, I like it this way. Are you familiar with these design principles that I have, um, ignored? 


The painting is very shiny and looks like a jewel in the right light. I also am reminded of fossils and finding ruins or artifacts of times past. Sometimes I think I see a prism or a rainbow in it too. Texture varies from a coarser, rough surface to a slick refractive surface. As you might guess, I am using this smaller work in preparation for (drum roll please) a new body of work that I have started. I don't know about you, but I can hardly wait to see how it all turns out!

Today one of the exhibits that I am part of will have their (virtual) reception. I look forward to seeing other art, seeing how the reception is managed, and seeing who wins awards! Also today, a family member is trying something new, and I look forward to seeing how that works out too! In fact, I can hardly wait. 

I hope your day is lovely, and guess what?! We had some rain today! Woo-hoo!



Comments