Let's Go Fly a Kite


Let's Go Fly a Kite
This past Sunday, it was windy, but beautiful blue and cold here. In the later afternoon, my Beloved Husband and I were walking around in our back yard, and he decided it would be a good time to fly a kite! We spent a little while trying two different kites, (I didn't even know we had them! They were somewhere in the recesses of our shed...) and found that the wind actually wasn't quite strong enough to keep them flying. Either that, or the gusts were just too crazy! Our kite would frequently dive for the wood pile or swoop into the tree, just like Charlie Brown's kite always does. 

The color, fresh air, and unaccustomed venture were so refreshing for me! I was almost sorry when we decided we just couldn't keep the kite in the air and put it away. 

20" x 20"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to purchase via my website.

I called my mom today. I have told you before that she is a very cheerful person. As we talked about our stay home situations, and I was starting to express my peevish attitudes, she said, "Although I don't especially like this situation, we certainly are living in exciting times. I mean, we know God is doing something... " It is so like her to see the beautiful and colorful in these unaccustomed, changing times. 

Maybe that is why I like this painting so much. I think it reminds me that amidst the gusts and dives and swoops of the daily "stay home" situation, God is on the move! I hope that I can hold onto Him (kind of like a kite on a string) and enjoy the adventure. 




 

Comments