Lake Amelia

Lake Amelia
This painting has given me fits for a couple of days. I have completely repainted it a few times, and finally just changed the composition to make it work better. The photo I was working from is one I took while sitting on the dock at my mother's house on the lake before she moved into town last year, and I took it because it was so very peaceful. Sadly, the peace made for a boring composition! 

When I paint an objective, or representational, painting, I still want to have my touch in the work. I intentionally have terrible brushes that I paint with. They are fabulous for abstract painting, and difficult to work with for this kind of work. 

Also, I do not paint with "earth tones" very often. In fact, I have very few tubes of paint that are the more neutral colors, so I mix color when I want to paint something recognizable. (Well, I mix color for my abstract paintings too, but I like to see how to work through the brilliant colors to make them look like a landscape.) Yes, I definitely do know that there is no hot pink or blazing orange in water in the middle of the day! But there is when I paint it. 

Sold
8" x 10"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

Yesterday was Easter Sunday, and what an unusual day it was! My Beloved Husband and I dressed up yesterday and then tuned into our "zoom" church service. He led the singing time, and I accompanied on my own piano. (Don't be impressed! I am the third string pianist, but my BH is the first string song leader! We just needed the piano and song leader to be in the same room.) 
Later in the afternoon, we had lunch "with" our adult kids, also via Zoom. Here again, my Beloved Husband was the one who won the day by serving all of us. He arranged for food to be delivered in all three locations - three states and two time zones - at the same time so that we could eat together. There was a glitch we had to work through, but what a beautiful time!
Then later in the day, I was able to video chat with my mom. I love it that she is tech savvy enough to do that with me!

I decided to do an unusual (for me) painting, too. I feel like I have become hyper sensitive to emotion and nostalgia the last little while, and so I painted from my younger days, and from my emotion. 

Are you finding your own color these days of staying at home? Are you finding ways to stay in touch with those you love? I sure hope so. And I am looking forward to finding what kind of picture God is going to bring about in the lives of my family and me through the composition He is changing, and the colors He is muting. My entire hope is in Him. 
Coram Deo.

Psalm 62:5-8 (New American Standard Bible)
My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Comments