Gratitude

Gratitude
So, here we are. Everyone is in a new scenario these days of "sheltering at home" or "social distancing" or whatever name one wants to call it. Each one has unfamiliar thoughts, emotions, and situations to deal with. 

Then, too, many of us have realized  that we have a desire - maybe even a need - for color and beauty and inspiration. For me, I have felt almost starved for color, and you should see my house! I have so many of my own paintings (and those of other artists) that fill the spaces my Beloved Husband and I live in with color. I "shouldn't" need more color, but I have felt like I do. 

One thing that I have seen on the social media posts of many of the artists that I follow is that they are unable to get to their studios because of COVID-19. Wow. I have become so very thankful that my studio is located in a room in my house! I am still able to do something that brings me joy, and to share it in hopes of bringing joy to others, too. 

SOLD
36" x 24"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on canvas 
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

As I looked at today's posting, I struggled with what to title it. Many times, I know what I want to paint about before I start, and other times I realize as I work that my thoughts or emotions are sort of painting themselves. This painting seems to have been more of the second scenario. So when I realized that I had painted a work that is full of color, though it is an uncommon composition for me, and that it reminds me of my studio, both because of where I worked on it and because of the bright color, and when I recognize how thankful I am for a place in my own home where I can still work on what I love, I am absolutely full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for providing my every need (and most every want!)

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (HCSB) 
Rejoice always!
Pray constantly.
Give thanks in everything, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 

Comments