Let the Little Children Come II

Let the Little Children Come II
 Earlier this year an email came to me with the subject line "...possibly fun project, if you are interested..." It came from the curator of the gallery at rua, where I had a very enjoyable and successful exhibit last year, and he was inviting me to participate in a charity event. I am delighted to share that I am participating in Raise the Brush, an art exhibit and auction with proceeds going to assist those who are fundraising for adoption. 

SOLD
40" x 30"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas


Click here to see on my website.

Bouncing balls, twirling skirts, spinning tops, blowing bubbles, hula hoops, bike wheels/pedals; can you see them here? I thought about so many things as I started working on the concept for this painting, and eventually came to a New Testament passage from the Gospel of Mark that talks about Jesus with children. His disciples didn't seem to see the children as worth His valuable time, but boy oh boy, Jesus set them straight! 

As you may remember, my Beloved Husband and I lost our first three children. (And in fact, I finished this work on the birthday of our first son. He died at birth with the umbilical cord around his neck, and would have been 31 this year!)  Adoption has held a special place in our hearts ever since that time, when we considered starting down that path for our own family. 

As you see the movement and play in this painting, maybe you will be moved to pray for children needing families, and families desperately wanting children. If you want more information about the organization that is holding the Raise the Brush event at the gallery at rua, their website is Raise the Dough

Mark 10:13 - 16 HCSB Some people were bringing little children to Him so He might touch them, but His disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw it, He was indignant and said to them, “Let the little children come to Me. Don’t stop them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I assure you: Whoever does not welcome the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” After taking them in His arms, He laid His hands on them and blessed them.

Comments