A Pure Heart

A Pure Heart
The thoughts that have been on my mind lately have once again showed up in my work - almost unplanned this time. I am not sure I will be able to put my thoughts into words that make sense, but I feel that the emotion in the painting speaks loudly. 

I have been thinking about living a pure life, about having a pure heart, and about kindness and love. I have been reading in the New Testament book of Titus and there are several calls to purity and kindness in this book. 


Titus 1:15 To the pure, everything is pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; in fact, both their mind and conscience are defiled.


When I painted this, my mom was also on my mind. She has been a beautiful and pure influence in my life, and the love between her and my dad was an example to be followed. She is one of the older women that are mentioned in Titus who are teaching younger women how to live pure lives. (Also, I was pretty sure she would like the burnt orange and sparkly gold in this painting!) 

Another thing I have been thinking about is those who are being persecuted in one way or another because of their faith in Jesus Christ. I just finished 2 Timothy where the Apostle Paul talks about his own sufferings. 


SOLD
11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.


Speaking of pure, beautiful hearts, my Beloved Husband took time this past weekend to fix the trails in our woods. He knows that I love being back there, and even though he has not been able to catch up with other work around our home this year, he took that time just for me. (You know, I have a keeper there!)

When I went back to walk today, I found a bunch of signs that I am loved. There were several places where trees had naturally formed heart shapes, and there was the heart-shaped seat that my BH has made just for me in case I need it when I am walking there. 

Comments