Wait...

Wait...
As I lay on the couch in my mother's new home, my mind was repeatedly on a couple of verses from the Psalms. This was one of them. It is a verse I taught my son before he could read, using hand gestures to aid his memorization (which means that I can now remember it - I am not sure whether he can or not!) 

Psalm 27:14 (NASB)
Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.

The message from the Lord was loud and clear, and very much needed. (He always does know what we need, doesn't He?) 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel, mixed media elements


This is one of the first times I have used "mixed media" or collage techniques. (Copyright notice is on the back of this painting for the Bible passages.) I am still using iridescent gold to represent my Heavenly Father, and of course, the composition of this piece is intended to move the eye around to all of the distractions in the work, but to settle on the "Wait". 


Comments