Playing With Purple

Playing With Purple
"What are you reading this year?" A friend posted this question on social media in January, and it got me interested in reading more and logging what I read for 2019. I used to read a lot and I loved it, but more recently I had not gotten as much reading time in. Well! One thing that traveling does is give me a lot of time to read in airports, on planes, in shuttles... you get the picture! 

With both of our kids in seminary, we actually have a lot of books floating around our house (and theirs, too) and my reading has expanded in new directions. Even though I find these new books stimulating, sometimes when I travel I default back to books I have read and loved in the past. Do you do that too?


SOLD
5" x 5"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to view on my website. 


I know I have mentioned this book often, but one of the earliest "art books" that I remember
reading was Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson. Oh how I loved that book! Several years ago, my daughter got it for me for a Christmas gift. (Aren't you jealous?) I have heard that a high percentage of artists would consider purple a favorite color, and clearly it is Harold's favorite! 

This little purple painting on canvas would be perfect to tuck into your bookcase beside your copy of Harold and the Purple Crayon, or your other art resources, wouldn't it?


Comments