Waiting

Waiting
"Shall I schedule you for early next year?" "He is traveling on Christmas Eve." "What time does your shuttle arrive?" "Did you renew your passport?" 

Whew. Not only did this season arrive way more quickly than I expected, but it is also much busier than I expected. And also, winter arrived all of a sudden. No sneaking up on me at all - just BANG! here it is!

Maybe it is no surprise that my thoughts this year have been on the waiting and the longing for the coming of Jesus. The waiting is something that seems counter-cultural to me. We move so fast and are so tightly scheduled - even I am, and I am a stay at home artist/homemaker! And time seems to fly by. 

But not when we are waiting for someone. No, not then. 

Sold
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website. 

With more layers than I can count, this little painting is representing my thoughts of Mary expecting the birth of Jesus, of the heavens anticipating His coming, and of earth waiting for a hero to save us. I wanted to represent earthiness, as in the care of the animals and the birthplace of Jesus. I also wanted to show the idea of GOD becoming man through the use of iridescent and interference colors and black. Also, there is stillness, holiness, loneliness, darkness... 

Isaiah 9:2, 5-6 The people walking in darkness have seen a great light;
a light has dawned on those living in the land of darkness.
...
For a child will be born for us, a son will be given to us,
and the government will be on His shoulders.
He will be named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Comments