November Cheer

November Cheer
I am just returning from a week in MN, the state where I spent my high school years, went to college for a short time, and spent the first 10 years of my married life. My dear mother still lives there,  and I have the privilege of helping her with some new adventures in her life. Part of our time was spent choosing new paint colors. Mom put together a grouping of items that she loves and spread a pile of paint chips next to the group. "These colors just make me happy," she told me. 


6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase on my website.

On the way out of Mom's driveway one morning, she looked over at the bittersweet that is planted next to her mailbox. "I just love that," she said. "I am so glad we planted it there." We looked at the lake, the snow falling, the autumn colors that were almost past. We spent time at the church she attends and serves as a musician. We had some delightful visits from extended family (including some of her great-grand-kids.) 

One thing that I hope I learn from my mom is cheerfulness. She is almost always cheerful! I am not at all sure that I am blessed with that characteristic naturally, but I hope I can develop it. As I think about the time I spent with her, I am considering what I saw in her - the character traits I admire. I found that the things I was noticing in her are contained in this passage from the New Testament. 

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 

Oh, I hope I also grow to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit. I love you, Mom!

Comments

  1. Lately I've been thinking that in light of eternity we should be cheerful everyday! Easier said but 'tis true. I do try. Thank you for these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment