Incarnation III

Incarnation III
 "We would like to have a Church Family Visual Art Exhibit as a gift to Jesus, and to each other this Christmas season. Each person is invited and encouraged to bring a piece to exhibit. Please give this work of art the consideration due a gift!" This year for the first time there will be an art exhibit for Christmas at our church. My Beloved Husband and I are curating this exhibit, (collecting and hanging it, mostly) and I have been waiting to decide which of my paintings I want to use. I hope that there will be so many entries from those who attend that mine will be saved for a later exhibit! 

With all of that being said, I painted this painting with Christmas in mind. I wanted to express the concept of GOD, the Creator of this world invading and disturbing our planet in order to free it. 

Sold
9" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

One of the things that I think of often is the enormity of GOD, and our tiny view of Him. We tend to kind of fit Him in on Sunday, and anytime we feel extreme need, but otherwise our own world is so much bigger than He is. I am sure it is a 'normal' perspective, but it is so small. In reality, HE IS the universe and beyond, and we are tiny and blind and self-important. We think we do HIM a favor to give Him time or money or obedience. At the Incarnation, HE blasted through our fog. 

As you may be able to tell, I just cannot find words that begin to express the vastness of this concept. I want to be able to paint it, and I do think my paintings come closer to 'saying' what I mean than my words do. 

John 1:14 (HCSB)
The Word became flesh
and took up residence among us.
We observed His glory,
the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father,
full of grace and truth.

Comments