New Every Morning #11

New Every Morning #11

In our area of Indiana, the last week was full of bad news. There were two horrific automobile accidents where people died, and then a day later an acquaintance of mine who had just arrived on the mission field with his large family was gunned down. I am still a little in shock from that event. 

Last night, as has been the case for the last while, I woke during the night with a heavy heart. This time, I spent a long time praying for the people whose lives will never be the same after those terrible events. 

This New Every Morning painting represents a bit of my thoughts of the darkness - maybe fog - that is so difficult to see through. Yet, there is hope. 

Let me tell you something about Charles Wesco, the man who was killed on the mission field. Charles was a piano tuner who had come to my home at least once a year for the last 20 years or so. Charles was profoundly knowledgeable about and deeply engaged with piano tuning. He knew the facts and science of precision in tuning, and he also seemed to have a 'feel' or an 'ear' for it. (I am sure he could have told you why that was important to his work.) As I understand it, he worked with piano manufacturers, software developers, and others in the industry and was valued for his passion for piano tuning.  

On a few occasions, my Beloved Husband was home when the piano was tuned, and he and Charles would engage in conversation. "I never really had an interest in piano tuning," he said to me, "but Charles knows so much and is so passionate about it. He makes me want to know more about it." Charles' love of and interest in his craft drew us in and made us want to know more. 

Charles also loved Jesus Christ. His passion for and interest in Jesus also was a big part of his conversation in our home when he tuned our piano. He was so excited about heading for the mission field to share this love with people there - he had talked about it for at least a few years before going. 

Here is what really strikes me, though. It was Charles' passion for piano tuning that made it so interesting and drew my Beloved Husband and me to want to know more about it. I bet his passion for Jesus drew people to want to know Jesus, too. 

I want my love for, interest in, and passion for Jesus to be so evident that it draws people to want to know Him more. I want people to see Jesus and His beauty through my eyes like we saw piano tuning through the eyes of this man who loved tuning, but loved Jesus even more. 

Lamentations 3:22-23
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

Comments

  1. Yes! I want to shine clearly like that, and have my passion for Jesus show too. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In light of the recent tragedies I myself was very troubled but God... Those tiny colorful specs is a visible reminder to me that with every story in the life of a believer there is always a " but God... "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, to be brilliant for Jesus even when things seem dark, that's his work in us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment