New Every Morning #12

New Every Morning #12
Yesterday morning, I just couldn't sleep any longer. It was the end of a fabulous time of family being together, and of thankfulness. But it is never my favorite when it is time for the kids to go back to their own homes. (I know... you have heard me bemoan their leaving before.) But I guess the leaving is just a reminder that THEY CAME, right?

I am also already thinking about the Christmas season. I have been considering my own (mostly uneducated) version of Advent - the anticipating and longing for the coming of Jesus Christ. Both of these things - the time with our children and the observation of Advent seem somehow related to me. Both of them remind me of a big, hollow longing inside. In both cases, I am waiting... waiting... 

Sold
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

So yesterday morning, when I could not sleep, I got up early and painted before saying goodbyes, and before church. As I painted, I thought about how each day GOD gives me what I need for the day. I recalled the beauty of my mother's home in Minnesota, and the light and color of the sky and lake before and after a storm. I remembered the joy of time spent with my own kids and also joy in the studio. Even as I am waiting, my Heavenly Father provides new mercies every morning. 

Lamentations 3:20 - 26 (CSB) 
Yet I call this to mind, and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish,
for his mercies never end.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness!
I say, “The Lord is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the person who seeks him.
It is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord.

On a side note, for others who might wish to learn more about Advent here is a link to a calendar which focuses on the passing of time in light of the liturgical church calendar. I am privileged to have my artwork featured on the cover of this calendar. 


Comments