In which I kind of spill my guts a little...

Submissions to Infinite Grace workshop
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have an incredible opportunity coming up in August. I have been accepted (one of 15 artists) to attend an artist's workshop and retreat with Makoto Fujimura! I can still hardly believe that I am one of the ones who has been accepted. In fact, I was so surprised that I had been accepted that I had to rearrange another art commitment that I had scheduled that conflicted with the timing of this trip. So maybe you can understand when I say I am a little worried that I will be out of my depth! This, my friends, is the big league in my opinion, and somehow I am part of it! So I am asking you - if you are a praying person, will you   pray for me? 

I am recognizing, too, that outside of my comfort zone is just where I need to be, and I expect to LOVE this retreat! I expect renewed thinking and focus, and maybe you will see better and better paintings coming from this time, too. 

Here is a collage of the paintings I submitted when I applied for the workshop. You can view them at my website, www.brendastichter.com




And, I will leave you today with some "teasers" from my studio - these are details of paintings that are in progress. 


 





Comments