Oldest Granddaughter (WIP)

Oldest Granddaughter
This is a copy cat blog post from my last post. Gotta keep at this project while I feel the inspiration for it! This time, though, I am posting a work in progress. (WIP)

I have photos of each of my siblings in easy chairs with their oldest grandchildren sleeping. I LOVE these photos! And since next month's challenge for an art association I am part of is to paint a portrait, I decided it is a great time to get started on Christmas gifts... don't you agree?  

This painting is, of course, not for sale, but it is 22" x 30" on 300 lb. Fabriano watercolor paper that has been gesso-ed with lots of texture. I knew that my portraits would not look at all like the one from the demo, which was beautiful, lifelike, and very recognizable. 


Comments

Post a Comment