New Every Morning #5


NEM #5
Actually painted a couple of days ago, this painting surprised me with the way the colors work together. I liked it before I expected to be finished with it! The cruciform composition I have been working with seems to encourage creativity in me, as does working with such small sizes. I love practicing with the transparent "modern color theory" paint, and combining it with the iridescents, as I did here.

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame


I have been (between errands, Open House prep, and still being a bit under the weather) working on finishing an Easter painting that I hope to release tomorrow. For Easter in 2016, I released a series of three paintings that I still consider to be some of my most meaningful work to date. I wanted to work on a painting that would go with that series - hoping that I can paint the Easter morning painting to be even more expressive than the first one was. 

I invite you to check out these three paintings and blog posts. 

Good Friday
Blog post for Good Friday
Gray Sabbath
Blog post for Gray Sabbath
Risen Indeed
Blog post for Risen Indeed

Comments