Drink From a Clear Spring

Drink From a Clear Spring
"If I bring supper home, can we work on taxes tonight?" asked my Beloved Husband. Argh. You know, I can handle paperwork most of the time, but I hate it when it keeps me out of the studio! Rats! But today, I think I outdid myself. I am surprising him by having the taxes almost done before he gets home. I worked my tail off this morning (did you even know I had a tail?) and got it mostly done, and even had time to paint this afternoon. Yee-haw!

20" x 20"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

A project I have been working on has required me to think more about natural beauty as expressed by my abstract paintings. Of course, I love an abstract landscape painting - you might have heard me say that before - but I mean the ways I represent the beauty of nature that are not as recognizable. It has been a mental exercise that has been very rewarding. 

At the same time, I have been reading from a book my son gave me called It Was Good: Making Art to the Glory of God, by Ned Bustard. The second essay in the book is about beauty, and has been challenging me in my thinking about what beauty really is. I will be writing at length about that one of these days, I suspect! Again, I crave this kind of brain workout. It is so fulfilling to stretch my mind. 

Satisfied is a hymn that has been on my mind recently, too, and I think all of these stimuli have worked together to bring about this painting. Though I am done with my hymn theme as far as the daily painting challenge is concerned, I would like to post the lyrics of a couple of the verses, and I think you might be able to see the connection. 

Satisfied
All my life I had a longing
For a drink from some clear spring,
That I hoped would quench the burning
Of the thirst I felt within.

refrain: Hallelujah! I have found Him
Whom my soul so long has craved!
Jesus satisfies my longings,
Through His blood I now am saved.

Well of water, ever springing,
Bread of life so rich and free,
Untold wealth that never faileth,
My Redeemer is to me.

Also, I am kind of geeking out about some of the details on this painting. See what I mean?




Comments