Psalm 139 Triptych

Psalm 139 Triptych
Did you know that there are colors chosen each year as the "Color of the Year"? This year, there are two colors, called Rose Quartz and Serenity. They are said to have been chosen because they reflect calmness and peace. These three paintings are done using Rose Quartz and Serenity, and a suggested palette of coordinating colors that will probably be starting to show up in our stores any time now. 

Evidently, color companies along with the fashion and home decor industries, and probably others, too, do a lot of research to figure us out. They study trends, and choose what they think we will like. Then new couches and funky blenders, tank tops and swishy skirts will be made in those colors. And they will all blend or match each other. 


3 -  6" x 6" acrylic on watercolor paper 


Contact me to purchase. 

Most of us that are North Americans probably don't like thinking that someone out there is studying us and 'choosing' our new favorite colors! However, in Psalm 139 I find that GOD examines me and knows all about me. This is research that brings me joy and comfort! It tells me in this chapter that HE is 'before and behind' me, and that makes me think of an embrace. It tells me that I cannot count the number of times each day that HE thinks of me. ME! GOD Himself thinks about me! It is almost unthinkable to me. HE is my Favorite!

Psalm 139 (New American Standard Bible)
O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, You know it all.
5 You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.
...
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.

Comments