Belonging

As a young preteen, I lived for a few years on a piece of property that had a few acres of wooded ravine with a flowing creek at the bottom.  That ravine opened on to a long stretch of wooded acreage owned by the power company, and I was allowed to explore back there sometimes. There were deep spots in the creek, and rushing water, minnows and leeches. The water divided our property from our neighbors who had cows and a St. Bernard. 
We later moved to Minnesota to a house on the lake. My dad taught me how to canoe, and how to paddle my five-passenger craft in such a quiet way that no critters would hear me coming. I could find the wilder areas along the shore and just watch the plants and animals there. Oh, how I loved that! 
Last week, my beloved husband contacted our friend who works at a marina not too far from us, and we were able to rent a boat and go boating for an evening. My heart was happy! I guess I just love being on the water. Or near the water. That works too. 

SOLD
24" x 24" acrylic on wood panel 
ready to frame
 
As I painted this painting, I was thinking of what water looks like when you look down into it. I just think the changing colors and shapes, the music of the flowing water, even (usually) the smell and feel of the water are delightful. (I generally try not to taste lake or pond water much!) 

This morning in my quiet time reading the Bible, I came across this verse that I suspect is part of my love for nature. 
Deuteronomy 10:14 (NLT) "Look, the highest heavens and the earth and everything in it all belong to the Lord your God." 
I love spending time on my FATHER's property. :)

Comments