Magnolia

"Nice! Your brush must be blooming?" I thought that was such a clever text from my daughter. Then this morning, I realized that she had texted "your bush must be blooming". Well, yes. My magnolia right outside my back door is in bloom, and it is gorgeous. Yesterday I almost felt like my brush was blooming, too, as I was painting spring paintings. 

Sold
6" x 6" acrylic on watercolor paper 
ready to frame


My easel is loaded with four larger paintings, all at various stages of completion. I was beginning to feel slightly bogged down with trying to figure out how to work with them, and yesterday I decided to just choose some favorite colors and work from there. So, I managed to finish two smaller paintings that had been started but not completed.  (see also A Painting About Spring ) 

There is just something about spring color...


Art is a form of play rejoicing before the face of God. 
The Creative Gift, Hans Rookmaaker

Comments