A Painting About Spring

A Painting About Spring

"I can't get the mower started," I told my husband on the phone. "How do I fix it?" We have quite a bit of mowing to do, and I actually usually love to do it. There is something about the bright green, the sunshine, the stripes... and it usually stays done for more than 4 hours, unlike cooking or dishes. Mowing is a harbinger of spring for me. I absolutely love the dogwoods, redbuds, daffodils and lilacs that bloom in springtime! It is a fresh start each year for me - a new chance to get outside more and get a lot of sunshine. And the colors are some of my favorites, too. 

Does this painting remind you of mountains and waterfalls, and spring trees blooming? It sure does me!

Sold

12" x 12" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame



Today in my Bible reading, the Ten Commandments showed up again. I am in Deuteronomy, and Moses was reiterating the LORD's instructions to HIS children. I had asked GOD for a fresh view of Himself today during my quiet time with HIM, and I would have to say, the commandments were not exactly what I had in mind! However, as HE usually does, HE treated me to a new perspective on Himself and on my life and relationship to Him. A fresh start and bright perspective. Maybe even a springtime...

Here is a verse that was special to me today.  Deut. 5:29 Oh that they had such a heart in them, that they would fear Me and keep all My commandments always, that it may be well with them and with their sons forever! 

Comments