Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Painting About Spring

A Painting About Spring
"I can't get the mower started," I told my husband on the phone. "How do I fix it?" We have quite a bit of mowing to do, and I actually usually love to do it. There is something about the bright green, the sunshine, the stripes... and it usually stays done for more than 4 hours, unlike cooking or dishes. Mowing is a harbinger of spring for me. I absolutely love the dogwoods, redbuds, daffodils and lilacs that bloom in springtime! It is a fresh start each year for me - a new chance to get outside more and get a lot of sunshine. And the colors are some of my favorites, too. 

Does this painting remind you of mountains and waterfalls, and spring trees blooming? It sure does me!

$175.00, $10.00 S & H
12" x 12" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame




Today in my Bible reading, the Ten Commandments showed up again. I am in Deuteronomy, and Moses was reiterating the LORD's instructions to HIS children. I had asked GOD for a fresh view of Himself today during my quiet time with HIM, and I would have to say, the commandments were not exactly what I had in mind! However, as HE usually does, HE treated me to a new perspective on Himself and on my life and relationship to Him. A fresh start and bright perspective. Maybe even a springtime...

Here is a verse that was special to me today.  Deut. 5:29 Oh that they had such a heart in them, that they would fear Me and keep all My commandments always, that it may be well with them and with their sons forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment