Suffering

Suffering
I was struck today with a couple of verses in my daily Bible reading. I am in the New Testament book of Hebrews, which is one of my favorites. (Well, actually I have a lot of favorites, but...) It particularly caught my attention that suffering was connected with glory here. I was brought to tears with the realization that GOD Almighty, my Creator, became human and suffered because He loves me. 

Heb 2:9 New American Standard Bible "But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone."


Heb 2:18 New American Standard Bible "For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted."

SOLD
6" x 6" on canvas, 1.5" deep
painted edges
 

Comments

Post a Comment