Overlook Triptych

Overlook Triptych
I went to several galleries and an art museum for my birthday. It was a gift from my fabulous husband, who went with me, even though it is not really something that he enjoys. I absolutely loved it! Actually, the beauty I had seen all day kept me awake at night... (and my husband says he had no trouble sleeping - he actually slept AT the galleries!)

One of the paintings has stayed with me for more than a week. At first I didn't even really see it, so to speak. Almost every other painting in the gallery was more eye-catching at first. But as I came up close to it and spent some time looking at it, it was so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes. Literally. 

Part of what made that painting so beautiful was the close up details, the evidence of many layers of beauty beneath the surface. It was actually partly the fact that I didn't see it at first that made the painting so unforgettable. It made me think about other things that are only alluring when I take the time to look closely, and get to know them better. 


OT left


I am attempting to give some hint of the same concept in this triptych. I chose the name "Overlook" because of the several different, yet related, definitions of the word. Particularly, the ideas of disregarding something as juxtaposed with inspecting or examining something come to mind. 





I hope that the love and beauty of GOD can be seen in me and in my work. I am quite sure that it will not be easily seen ... I hope, though, that HE will shine through as others see beneath my rough exterior. 
OT center




2 Corinthians 4:7 New American Standard Bible
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves"


Or as it is translated in the Amplified version of the Bible:

2 Corinthians 4:7 Amplified Bible

"However, we possess this precious treasure [the divine Light of the Gospel] in [frail, human] vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves."


OT right

3 panels - 6" x 6" each


Painting is priced as a group of three. If you wish to buy one panel separately, please contact me. 



Comments