Rejoice

Rejoice
This is the third painting in a row with a similar title and a similar theme. I am currently reading in the New Testament book of Philippians, and am continually struck with the concept of joy. Paul is writing as he is suffering, and he is encouraging his recipients to be joyous. 

I wanted the painting to convey joy shining through trial... Part of the best part of the work is the strong contrast and more intense color that is completely surrounded by a more muted hue. 

I have also been thinking so much of those around the world who are being persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ. I pray for them, and I wonder if I should pray that they would have joy in the middle of their suffering. It reminds me what a wonderful life I have. I have everything I need and most of what I want. May I also be filled with joy. 

Phil 2:18 "You too, I urge you, rejoice in the same way and share your joy with me."


11" x 14" acrylic on watercolor paper
1" white border

Comments