Invisible Visible ACEO

Invisible Visible ACEO
Last Tuesday evening was a highlight for me, in spite of physical difficulties. With a LOT of assistance from my husband and my daughter, I was able to enjoy the privilege of attending a lecture and showing of art by Makoto Fujimura, an artist I greatly respect and appreciate!

His work and words have been influencing my thoughts each day since, and I hope these things will come through in my artwork. 

Along with that, today I have been contemplating an idea from today's Bible reading in Colossians. Here is the passage: Col. 1:15-16 (NASB) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. I have been thinking about the concept of Jesus being a visible image of the invisible; the idea just cries out for an abstract painting. 

3.5" x 2.5 " 
Colored pencil & watercolor on watercolor paper


I think I will consider this ACEO a study on this concept. I am not sure that I have a brush or mind capable of even beginning to express it! 

By the way, I am really looking forward to being able to paint more one of these days...

Comments