Everything But Broken Hearts

Everything But Broken Hearts
"Could you paint abstracts en plein air (outside)?" For quite a while - a few years maybe - friends have asked me this question. And I guess I have usually said, "I suppose I could... ", but I was thinking I didn't know how I would do that. Well, good grief! As I was walking out the door the other night, I saw Art Fair on the Lake, a painting from 2015 where I painted an abstracted landscape. It was painted at an art fair, though I was not outside. But it was not a studio painting. I guess I have been able to do this for quite a long time! (Can you think of others of my older paintings that are obviously abstracted landscapes? There are actually quite a few!)

$100.00 plus shipping and handling
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

"I think this is finished. Can you see what it is?" I asked this question on social media, and got several very intriguing answers. To me, the painting was so obvious that I was surprised at the variety of things people saw in it.* 

Here is a clue: My Beloved Husband and I spend a lot of evenings here when it's a bit warmer outside. He works to restore broken things and make them as good as new or better. It is his creative art form. (He will tell you he can fix almost anything except broken hearts.)

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭90:17‬ Let the favor of the Lord our God be on us; establish for us the work of our hands — establish the work of our hands!



*It is a view of my BH's workshop with our tractor inside in case we need to plow snow out of our driveway. 

Comments