Updated painting

Lift Up Your Head, O Gates
One of the things I have been working on in the last couple of weeks is updating this painting, Lift Up Your Head, O Gates. I painted it just a week after the invasion of Ukraine in 2022, and I wanted to bring more vibrancy to the painting. I added gold leaf to three areas of the painting, and changed some of the values (how bright or dark an area is) bring about a better balance, since the gold leaf is such a strong accent. And the gold is so pretty!

Click here for the original blog post about this painting.  As I mentioned in the first post, this work reminds me of music by Mussorgsky called the Great Gate of Kiev, and there is a link in that post if you wish to listen to that grand piece. This painting is available again on my website here. 


$290.00 plus shipping and handling
12" x 12"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint and gold leaf on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Edges painted black


Comments