Intertwangled

Intertwangled

Featuring a throwback style and yet new in some ways, Intertwangled was a lot of fun to work on, and, at times, really frustrating! Of course almost every large painting I paint is a combination of fun and frustrating, if the truth be told. My first paint strokes on this large canvas were laid on the surface before my open house event in April, so I guess it has been under way for months. 

$3500.00 plus shipping and handling
48" x 48"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Edges painted black

Before I became a full time artist, I remember visiting antique stores and art galleries and trying to discern what it was about certain paintings that make me feel drawn to them. At one point, it seemed clear that curves in the work really appeal. I find that really interesting now, because painting with a curvy composition is not my favorite by a long shot! This work was at least partly inspired by a boat ride at sunset, though, (thanks, W!) and curving shapes were definitely called for. Maybe you can also see the bright sparkles of sunlight that danced across the water that evening. It was a spectacular sight. 

This painting is very energetic in composition (though, I am thankful to say, the boat ride was not!) and the white marks seem to whisper of unseen, distant lights. There are a lot of places in the work where I used very wet acrylic, and allowed or even encouraged drips to form. The large shapes also seem to "intertwangle", a term a college friend coined long ago. 

Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be afraid, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you; I will help you;
I will hold on to you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 12:2 Indeed, God is my salvation;
I will trust him and not be afraid,
for the Lord, the Lord himself,
is my strength and my song.
He has become my salvation.

My concepts are many for this one, including adventure, peace, fear, faith, light, danger, celebration ... so many thoughts that, well, intertwangle. Can you see these ideas? What emotions would you add? Since I am obviously having a tough time getting the words to say what I mean, Intertwangled will just have to speak for me. 

Comments