Out of the Ordinary

Out of the Ordinary
Once again, a gallery that I like to follow is holding a conference and is inviting artists to send art. I am excited to participate again, though this time, I am intentionally entering a smaller painting to save on shipping costs. (Ha ha!) Here is a description of the conference from their website, THE 2023 SQUARE HALO CONFERENCE: ORDINARY SAINTS—CREATIVITY, COLLABORATION, AND COMMUNITY
February 17-18, 2023 | Lancaster, PA
at The Trust Performing Arts Center and The Rabbit & the Dragonfly

Our conference this year celebrates Square Halo’s 25th year publishing “extraordinary books for ordinary saints.”

8" x 6.5"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

I plan to put this painting on hold, unless someone buys it before I can ship it to the conference. 😊

Considering the idea of ordinary saints, I chose to paint this work that reminds me of a community with life continuing as usual, but with a few "square halos" moving through the image. A few of the tiny square shapes have a gleam of iridescent interference paint, which, I am sorry to tell you who are reading this, can only be seen in person. 

Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ. 




Comments