A new, so far untitled Christmas painting


This morning I did two things that I haven't done in a L-O-N-G time, and this afternoon I did another! First, after getting up at "zero-dark thirty" and finishing dishes, starting laundry and reading my Bible, I sat at my piano and played one song from each of my books of Christmas music. I have not played the piano since I hurt my ankle, and it showed (ha!) but I enjoyed it so much. 

Then, as I switched a load of laundry, I looked out the door, and just longed to go walking in the woods. Mind you, I had already been on my feet for chores, but I decided to try it. As an aside, recently, one of our friends had hip surgery with some complications. He is recovering better than one might expect, but my Beloved Husband got a call from him one mid-day saying, "I need help!" He had walked too far and couldn't get back home. But of course, my BH went to the rescue. WELL. I was afraid I would have to make a similar call about halfway home! Wow... that was a tough walk. Normally a walk in our woods is hardly enough to get my blood moving, but it was a workout today, let me tell you. 

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free watercolor paper
Ready to frame


Well, the good news is that after resting my ankle for a while in the recliner - yes, the one I have been in for far too long - I was able to go to my studio. I don't know whether you have been able to tell, but it has been a really long haul since I have painted an entirely new work. I have finished some that had been underway, and have made some progress on others, but had nothing new to offer. 

It is actually really, and I mean really difficult to do a painting from start to finish when I haven't been painting enough, and today was one of those days. I finally had to just choose colors, choose a composition, and start. 



And actually, getting ready to celebrate Christmas this year is another of those things that looks like it will be tough. Getting back into the swing of things, back on my feet, and back "in the spirit" when I haven't been practicing these things enough - I guess I will just have to choose  and start, huh? 

Colossians 3:17  And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Comments