Pop-up gallery updates

Lift Up Your Head, O Gates
(for Ukraine)

During this week, I have had opportunity to take several paintings to the pop-up gallery that Fort Wayne Artists Guild is operating in the Jefferson Pointe mall in Fort Wayne. I would like to highlight some of those paintings today. Do you remember seeing these before?

Lift Up Your Heads, O Gates is one of the small works I took to display on the shelves in the gallery space. It is 12" x 12" on canvas, and it is a painting for Ukraine. Psalm 24:7 Lift up your heads, O gates, And be lifted up, O ancient doors, That the King of glory may come in! I am still praying for the people of Ukraine, and all of the proceeds from the sale of this painting will go to medical and food relief for the people of this nation. Click here for the original blog post for this painting.








The Substance of Things Hoped For is from 2018, and I am actually surprised that it is still available! It is an award winning painting that I happen to love. (Could that have anything to do with the color?) Illustrating the concept of faith in the dark, it was inspired by undulating shadows thrown on a wall at night. As I have become aware, so often my thought processes paint themselves on the canvas as I work out the details! Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 







Magenta, for Heaven's Sake
And I would also like to highlight Magenta, for Heaven's Sake; a large 4' square painting from 2020, right before the shutdowns started in the United States. I actually miss having this  hanging over a piano in our house, since it adds such brilliance and warmth! 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 'But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me. So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.'

Let me know when you visit the gallery in Ft Wayne (wink) and maybe I will be able to meet you there! At least I hope you enjoy the wide variety of work that is on display there. 

Now I want to get back to the studio to work on my newest large abstract - I am so excited to see how it progresses! 


Comments