Storm clean-up and small paintings

Amidst my painting deliveries and storm clean-up schedule lately, I have sneaked in a small amount of studio time. (And I should admit that MOST of the work is done by my Beloved Husband on the clean-up, with help from a few others.) These are three small works on paper that were painted using only three colors of Golden heavy body acrylic paint: Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold, Payne's Gray, and Titanium White. I really enjoy experimenting with different ways of painting when I haven't got as much time as I would like to paint! Daily Paintworks will be the place to see these three, since I will not be posting them on my website. 

I do invite you to visit my 'gallery' on DPW, because this is where I am posting more small works, as well as my plein air and more representational paintings. (And I hope to be updating my website with more completed abstracts soon too, just so you know!)

Top: Midnight, 9" x 12" acrylic on paper; 
Bottom left: Storm's Comin', 4" x 6" acrylic on paper; 
Bottom right: Afternoon, 10" x 8" acrylic on paper

I am actually redoing some things on my website because of some opportunities coming along in my art business, and I hope that these changes are for the better. 

Speaking of storm damage clean up, here are a few photos of some of our tree damage. Thank the Lord, nothing hit any people, animals, or buildings! But in my favorite part of our property, the woods, there are many, many large trees down. I have to admit, it makes me sad. 

As you might remember, I have been accepted into The Acrylic International Biennial Juried Exhibition for 2022, and this past weekend my Beloved Husband and I drove to the beautiful Kenosha Public Museum to drop off my painting. I am so honored to be invited to exhibit in this show with so many well known artists! 

Kenosha Public Museum
and my painting for this exhibit
Prayers & Promises

While we were there, we got to see the Transparent Watercolor Society of America 46th Annual National Juried Exhibition. Wow, what beautiful artwork! I saw paintings by artists that I have followed for a long time, and they did not disappoint!

Welcome to new subscribers, by the way! It always is encouraging to learn that I have new people signed up to receive my newsletters. Thank you! 




Comments