New Every Morning #44

 I am certain that I did not expect to be painting over 40 of these little paintings, but here we are at number 44! Honestly, I think the combination of the basic composition that I start with on each of these, along with the meaning in the verses that inspire them is something that keeps impacting me almost daily. I love using the cruciform composition for a starting point, and I absolutely need to remember that GOD's mercies are new every single day. 

Lamentations 3:22-23 (Amplified Bible)
It is because of the Lord’s lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed,
Because His [tender] compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness.

In this Autumn version of New Every Morning, I love how the texture, colors, and movement feel like a blustery fall day with leaves swirling to the ground. I have added copper paint to bring the sparkle and attention to the focal point. I find the painting itself to be refreshing and hopeful. 

Sold
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

As I write this blog today, I am reminded that many of you will see it first when my next newsletter is released next Thursday. And by then, our nation's election will have passed, and certainly new challenges will be in front of us. And so many of us are just so tired. Tired of politics and pandemics, social media and national media, hurricanes and snow and fires... we are tired of 2020. We are just waiting for 2021 and a new start.


Of course, we know that it may not be a new start... but we need hope and refreshing. This is why I am so dependent on the principle in these verses. God's mercy is NEW EVERY MORNING.  I don't even have to wait until after the election - He has rest and mercy for me today. What a relief.

Coram Deo.

Comments