A couple of framed minis, and some thoughts

Today I am re-sharing these two little works which are now framed. They can be purchased on my website, or you can email me if you are interested in them as a pair. I am also sharing a journal entry from a week or two ago. 

Singing to the Trees
My quiet time was different today. I will probably still take time to read my Bible after while, but as my Beloved Husband was leaving for work, (and I was outside giving him a good send off) I saw the beautiful leaves swirling down from the sky. When I looked back toward the woods, I saw a deer in the lane. The invitation to go back there was just too strong, so I headed back for my walk. 

As I walked toward the woods, I was noticing more swirling leaves falling. Not a lot of them, but I thought how beautiful it is that God designed them to dance as they fall …and they are in their best clothes as they do. 

I entered the woods and took the first trail on the right – the prayer walk trail, a friend once called it. I didn’t notice much as I walked, though I did see so much beauty! I came around and through to the back trail that leads to the Garden (as we call the clearing where we have our fire circle). As I passed the heart seat my Beloved Husband made for me, I stopped to take a picture of it and text it to him as I do almost every time I walk back there. 
Click here to see
Across the Lake on my website



I came through the Garden and turned east – left – to take the path that goes back to the back of the woods again, just because I love that section of trail, and it is the one I most frequently miss when I walk “the loop”, and something there stopped me because of its beauty. I honestly don’t even remember what it was. I know that beyond it was a dead tree that I had not noticed before that looked intriguing, and there was a hole at the base of one of the trees where some little animal housekeeper was keeping a cleaner front porch than I do. 

Just then, the song that had been playing in my head (you know how there are often songs that you don’t even really notice?) came to my notice, and I felt like God said, “Sing.” Well. I told him (silently) how I don’t sing anymore because of the problems with my throat and cracking voice, and how I could sing silently and praise Him, but He said it again, “Sing.” 

So, I started, poorly. “You are beautiful beyond description, too…. something….for words…” I couldn’t remember the words exactly, so I sang with gaps or whatever words came to mind. As I got to “And I stand, I stand, in awe of You…” I stood still, and raised my left arm (the sore one), as a sacrifice of praise of sorts. 

All of a sudden, the thought came that God was having me, as his masterpiece creation, sing his praise there before His other creations that were glorifying Him, but could not sing. At least, not with their voices and minds as I can. I thought how they might otherwise never hear that praise, and maybe it blesses those trees, beautiful leaves, little unseen animals, insects… I was so humbled. My weak song is a praise to Him that all of those magnificent, stately, beautiful trees cannot offer. 

Click here to see
Shadowed on my website


As I continued through the woods, I sang it a few more times when He told me to, and I remembered all the words. At one point, I closed my eyes as I sang, and half expected to see wildlife listening when I opened them again. 

Tears are running down my face now as I think of that time before Him, sometimes with one or both arms raised. How incredible if I blessed His silent creation with my voice and words.  And though I fully realize that most people would completely discount all of that, I believe I met with God there this morning. I think it is C.S. Lewis that states that even our wrong imaginations of God are still a reaching for Him and are therefore, pleasing to Him. (I am SURE I have misquoted and bent the meaning here, but… ) So even if it was purely my imagination, I am offering it to Him and am humbled and grateful.

Comments