Reinvigorating

Reinvigorating
This morning, for the first time in quite a while, I got to spend time in my chair by my big windows reading my Bible and praying. I am sure this may seem trite, or maybe "holier-than-thou" to some, but I needed that time so desperately! The feeling of my soul expanding and the dry cracks filling with living water from God's Word is almost a physical feeling. The anxieties of overactive imagination and under-active faith begin to melt away when I 'hear' His voice.  


12" x 12"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas



A cruciform (shaped like a cross) composition is the starting point on this one, and the warm yellow, orange, and reds are welcome this chilly, gray January. My favorite parts of this painting are the details in the orange and yellow. The strong color and contrast in the focal point  are fun, too, but I am just drawn to the more subtle parts of this one. And I feel like you can almost feel those 'cracks' filling in and closing up... 

I started blogging about some of the things that have been on my mind during the last weeks when I have not been painting as much, but the post was getting way too involved for this daily blog about this painting. I have a blog on my website where I will post more about the books, articles, and movies that have been impacting my thoughts during 'our' convalescence from my Beloved Husband's shoulder surgery. Just a teaser... it is a post about which things are most important and which should be set aside. Is it procrastinating, or is it actually productive? Click here for Beyond the Studio #7 - Niggling.  

Hebrews 10:23 - 24 ESV  "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works"




Comments