New Every Morning #33

New Every Morning #33
As I drove to and from a venue about an hour from here, I listened to a book that I had borrowed from the library. (Can I just tell you how much I love being able to digitally borrow books, both for my Kindle and also for listening? It is such a great way to try resources to see whether I want to purchase them!) I got through the introduction and one and a half chapters, and I loved what I was hearing. It made me want to get to my studio and paint something beautiful! 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase via my website.


Sadly, my time was way too short today, so I just put finishing touches New Every Morning #33 that I started yesterday. I didn't even make any progress on the larger pieces I have waiting in my studio and also in my family room! (My studio is my daughter's old bedroom, and is way too small for painting my bigger paintings, so I have kind of taken over the whole house for my art. My Beloved Husband says that he likes having my art everywhere, so...)

The book I started on today's trip was Beauty Will Save the World by Brian Zahnd. So far, there are several things I really wanted to underline - maybe I will have to buy the book and read it when I am NOT driving. Actually, many of the things that struck me were in the introductory part of the book, like this quote: "A Christianity enchanted by this beauty, formed by this beauty, and reflecting this beauty, has the opportunity to present to a skeptical and jaded world an aspect of the gospel that has been too rare for far too long. ... It is possible to tell the Christian story in terms of beauty, because the story of Jesus Christ is breathtakingly beautiful!" (Note: Sadly, when I started researching the author, I find that there is more that I cannot support coming from him. However, there is much that I love in the beginning of this book!)


I really am enthralled with the beauty of Jesus Christ. I want to respond to Him by painting beautiful things, as much as I am able. And I hope that you are drawn to the beauty of Jesus, too. 

Psalm 27:4 (HCSB)
I have asked one thing from the Lord;
it is what I desire:
to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
gazing on the beauty of the Lord and seeking Him in His temple.

Lamentations 3:22-23
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

Comments