Sea of Galilee

Sea of Galilee
Quasi-normal. I am not exactly sure that is a word, but it seems like the one I want to use for today. Today I am returning to that state after the holiday bustle of the last several weeks. I would guess you are too. As I have mentioned (probably too many times), my dear seminarians were home for a while, and this mama's heart was soaking in that time with them. 

My son returned to his seminary yesterday, having spent a few extra days here with us, but my daughter... well, she is globe trotting again, as she loves to do! This time, though, she is taking a study trip with her seminary and is visiting Israel and Jordan. Though I am one who loves to be in my own home, I have to admit her photos have made me just the tiniest bit jealous. Maybe I will have to see if my Beloved Husband would like to go on a "study tour" with me next year! 

SOLD
12" x 12"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to view on my website. 

Several of the photos and videos that I have gotten from my daughter have been of the Sea of Galilee and of the Mediterranean Sea. While I would love to be there, it looks stormy and blustery there! The waves and rain look wild. 

This morning in my time of Bible reading, I was in the Old Testament book of Jeremiah. As I read of the prophet's words about the land of Israel, I was seeing my daughter's photos in my mind's eye. I was thinking about this young woman I love being there in the desert, in the cold and rain, in the wind and waves. And of GOD's eye also being on that land. There was a pair of verses that struck me.

Jeremiah 32:31 (ESV) "This city has aroused my anger and wrath, from the day it was built to this day, so that I will remove it from my sight

Jeremiah 32:40 (ESV) "I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me."

The juxtaposition of being removed from GOD's sight as compared to HIM not turning away caught my attention and reminded me of a phrase I love: coram Deo. Coram Deo means living before the face of GOD. I thought about HIM watching Israel, my daughter on the stormy waters there, and me. I am thankful to live before HIS face. 

Comments