Ice Cave

Ice Cave
Frigid. The Midwest has been locked in the cold for a few days, and although I spent my high school and early college years in frozen Minnesota, I am no longer prepared for or used to these temperatures. I am thankful to be able to stay at home this week. Mail delivery for my city has been cancelled, businesses and schools are closed, and I think people here have a mixed sense of adventure and fear as we move through this cold spell. 

SOLD
16" x 20"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on gallery wrapped canvas, edges painted with micaceous iron oxide paint

Click here to view on my website.

This painting has been on the easel for a very long time, waiting for me to know how to finish it. There have been so many layers, and there is now a lot of texture and surface interest in the painting. So finishing it has been challenging, since I want to keep what works, and finish well. And as I have finished it in the last few days, I find that I have painted the cold, and my fear of the cold right into it. A friend told me it looked like an ice cave. (Google them - they are gorgeous, but it makes me feel a little claustrophobic to look at the photos!)

I was thinking yesterday about what can keep me from being frozen with fear - fear of any kind - and I knew where to look for the answer. In fact, it has been said that the Bible says "fear not" more than 365 times. Here are a few sections from the Psalms that remind me that trust in GOD is the solution for fear. 




Psalm 112:7 - 8a He will not fear evil tidings, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is upheld, he will not fear...

Psalm 55:16 - 18 As for me, I shall call upon GOD, and the Lord will save me. Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, and He will hear my voice. He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me...

Psalm 56:3-4a When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. In GOD, whose word I praise, In GOD I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid..." 

Comments