New Every Morning #13

New Every Morning #13
"Do some painting today," encouraged my Beloved Husband as he and our son left for the morning. Today is their last hurrah of this break before our son returns to grad school. It has been spectacular to spend time with our kids and my extended family for the last several weeks, and I hope you were able to make beautiful memories too! 

SOLD
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

This is my first completed (and posted) painting for 2019 and is one of my daily warm up series called New Every Morning #13. Even though I have been painting sporadically during this break, it has been quite challenging to get back into "the zone". I suspect some think of artistic ability as a talent that one has or does not have, but I would say it is much more like physical fitness where one has to keep practicing or one loses ground! The concepts and understanding are still there, but the results are not what they should be. So this is the first work that I have been ready to post.

I love the textures in this painting, and the colors remind me of a morning sky at sunrise. And my favorite part is where the upper layers give way to some of the color from earlier layers. As is often the case, the colors and details just don't show up properly in the photo. 

As I am looking ahead toward 2019, I see some significant changes on the horizon for me and my family, and also (thankfully) some of the familiar joys of home and "job" - I am not sure whether I can call painting, which I love so much, a job! The theme, which I chose during the last year for my daily warm-up paintings, fits today's situation perfectly. New Every Morning comes from this Old Testament passage. 

Lamentations 3:22-23
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."


Comments