Last post on this blog?

*Update: I am, in fact, still using this blog!

First, a big THANK YOU to everyone who has followed me on this blog and in my newsletter! I hope you will come with me to my new website, www.brendastichter.com and follow my new blog that is hosted there! For my newsletter subscribers, I have sent out an invitation to join my new email list, and it awaits your acceptance. Please click on the link in that email to become part of my new list, or go to this link https://brendastichter.com/email-newsletter to subscribe. 

Baptism
For the first time in quite a while, I have spent some time in my studio today. This painting is one that I had worked on before I started preparing for my Open House (which was a smashing success! Thank you!), and I had been mentally painting it almost every day as I worked on that event. 

20" x 20"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Ready to frame

Click here to purchase via my website. 

Organic, curved shapes and a flow indicating movement are elements in this painting that are meaningful to me. The painting makes me think of a spring-fed stream flowing over rocks and bubbling as it passes over obstacles. I feel like it is a joyful painting, (and I wish the color showed better)! 

In my Bible reading this morning, I read about Jesus' baptism by his cousin, John the Baptist. It was such an interesting occasion, because John was baptizing for repentance, but Jesus had no sin of which to repent. And then, there was the presence of the Holy Spirit descending like a dove, AND the Heavenly Father as He spoke to Jesus - all three persons of the trinity, marking that occasion. 

Mark 1:10-11 (HCSB) "As soon as He came up out of the water, He saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit descending to Him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven:
You are My beloved Son;
I take delight in You!"

What a message to hear from God, Himself!  As I wade through this daily life amid exciting Open House events and sickness, spring blooms and busyness, I want my life to flow joyfully around obstacles. I want to live close to my GOD and hear His voice. May He delight in me! 

Comments