Penny For Your Thoughts

Penny For Your Thoughts
Well, my birthday was November 8. Election day. I had a great day that day. I spent time with my husband and son, (my daughter gave me a surprise the weekend before) and I had a lot of uninterrupted studio time. Of course, I voted, too. I chose to not look at news or social media much, other than to thank people for birthday wishes. 

Doesn't it kind of seem like the world has turned upside down since then? Or at least our country? I am pretty sure I have thought this before, and even in the last few months, but my goodness. I have already started to talk to another artist I know (and we may meet so that we are face to face) who disagrees with me on many issues. I hope that many of us can do that, and be kind and respectful to each other. 


One thing I am pretty sure of, and that is that I did not expect the craziness that has happened recently. Did you? I am sure my Heavenly Father knew what was ahead, and I am reminded that I don't always have the right viewpoint. Scripture speaks to me here. 
Penny For Your Thoughts - upside down

Isaiah 55:8-9 (English Standard Version)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

My signature can be found in the lower left corner of this painting, but since Tuesday, my view has changed. I think I like this painting better "upside down". So I will be painting out that signature, and redoing it. I want to turn my eyes upward and align my thoughts with GOD's thoughts. 

Comments

  1. Dear Brenda,
    I love your all paintings, you draw so well.
    I also want to be a painter like you.
    Love ...
    Lilly, UK
    http://idioms.in/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment