Amethyst Again

Amethyst Again
"Have you finished your September painting challenge yet?" asked my friend who is a gallery owner. Marc is an artist too and I think he would love to try a challenge where you paint every day. "No... I still have about four paintings to finish, I am afraid," was my rueful reply. Part of what has been making it tough for me to finish the series is that I have already done several purple stone paintings. 

Part of piece called Over His Heart
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel 

In spite of having four similar purple paintings and six green ones, I have loved painting these gemstones that are mentioned in the Bible. In particular, I am working on finishing  the list in Revelation that describes the New Jerusalem. I cannot imagine the beauty of that city. Now t finish the last of the group... 

Revelation 21:10-21 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
"10 He then carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, 11 arrayed with God’s glory. Her radiance was like a very precious stone, like a jasper stone, bright as crystal. ...
19 The foundations of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone:
the first foundation jasper,
the second sapphire,
the third chalcedony,
the fourth emerald,
20 the fifth sardonyx,
the sixth carnelian,(sardius)
the seventh chrysolite,
the eighth beryl,
the ninth topaz,
the tenth chrysoprase,
the eleventh jacinth,
the twelfth amethyst."

Reference photo for amethyst

Comments