Beryl replacement

Beryl replacement
"I love that blue pic!!!!! I'm so excited ... I want it in honor of Grandma Chris and my Aunt Karen. They wore those colors," a friend from my childhood said in a message to me, as she bought one of my gemstone paintings. It is such a treat for me to hear from her, sell a painting, and 'have to' paint a replacement! 

Part of piece called Over His Heart
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel   

This is a painting to fill out the set of paintings for the passage in Revelation that describes the New Jerusalem. The beryl is an aquamarine stone that is very clear and has fissures through it. Trying to represent this stone in an abstract way is a challenge that I have relished! 

Revelation 21:19 - 20 "The foundations of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone:
the first foundation jasper,
the second sapphire,
the third chalcedony,
the fourth emerald,
20 the fifth sardonyx,
the sixth carnelian,
the seventh chrysolite,
the eighth beryl,
the ninth topaz,
the tenth chrysoprase,
the eleventh jacinth,
the twelfth amethyst."


Photo reference for beryl

Comments