Sardonyx

Sardonyx
Since the end of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 painting challenge, I have had a full few days! The usual lull has hit, as far as completing a daily painting is concerned, but I have been in my studio more than I had been before hand. I am looking forward to making some of the small paintings I did into larger ones, and also to finishing up the paintings I didn't get accomplished during the month of September. (I think I still have 7 to go.) 

Part of piece called Foundation Stones
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame  
 

Today's painting is the sardonyx, the gemstone mentioned fifth in the passage about the foundation of the city in Revelation 21. As I turned back to look at the Bible again to reread this section, I noticed more particularly the preceding verses, and oh!, they are beautiful!

Revelation 21:3-4 (HCSB)
"Then I heard a loud voice from the throne:
Look! God’s dwelling is with humanity, and He will live with them.
They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.
4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.
Death will no longer exist; grief, crying, and pain will exist no longer,
because the previous things have passed away."

Reference photo for sardonxy
Collage of September challenge paintings

I will post my challenge collage here, and also a couple of photos from the SALI National Abstract Art Exhibition XII artist reception, of which I was privileged to be a part. 






Comments