Chrysolite (or peridot)

Chrysolite

What a beautiful day it is today - though maybe a bit warm for Autumn. I have alternately been in my studio painting (and posting!) and outside enjoying the beautiful color and sounds of fall. How in the world is a girl to decide whether to be soaking up these rare days, or to be producing new paintings?! 

SOLD
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame 


Actually, this thought comes to me in part because of some discussions with my (musician) son and some podcasts I have been recently enjoying.  One of the artists that has inspired me greatly is Makoto Fujimura and I have been listening to some of his ideas and considering how they fit into my life as an artist. It has been helpful for prioritizing, at times - so that is part of the reason for spending time enjoying the fall color today. Taking time to enjoy it, not just walking by and thinking "That's pretty". 

Chrysolite brings me nearer the end of this series of small paintings, and is one of the stones mentioned in Revelation 21. I find myself so amazed at the color and beauty that GOD has created and shared with mankind. It makes me really look forward to my eternal future in HIS presence. What must HE have in store for us then! I cannot wait to see...

Revelation 21:19 - 20 The foundations of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone:
the first foundation jasper,
the second sapphire,
the third chalcedony,
the fourth emerald,
20 the fifth sardonyx,
the sixth carnelian,
the seventh chrysolite,
the eighth beryl,
the ninth topaz,
the tenth chrysoprase,
the eleventh jacinth,
the twelfth amethyst.


Reference photo for chrysolite

Comments