Emerald City

Emerald City
"My parents made me watch that when I was young, and it scared me so much! I don't like it. I don't want to watch it," he said. This adult friend still won't watch the Wizard of Oz, and hasn't since that time in his childhood. As I recall, there are LOTS of scary things in that movie, especially for a child! 

In a couple of weeks, I am going to go behind a (proverbial) curtain to pull levers and push buttons and try to make my country seem to be ruled by someone who can really manage - can protect us and keep everything going the right way. Well. I suspect my efforts will be even less successful than the 'wizard's' were. 

Part of piece called Foundation Stones
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel 
ready to frame 



This little green painting is actually going to replace another 'emerald' painting I did that I was NOT happy with. I do like this one so very much better! This painting will probably go in the Revelation 21 'set' of paintings - though the Exodus 28 list also includes an emerald. Here's the thing, though. I am thinking about there being emerald in the foundations of the eternal city promised in Revelation. The city where GOD Himself is the Ruler. Pure Love, Justice, and Kindness. No levers and buttons will be necessary then. I can hardly wait.

Revelation 21:19 - 20 "The foundations of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone:
the first foundation jasper,
the second sapphire,
the third chalcedony,
the fourth emerald,
20 the fifth sardonyx,
the sixth carnelian,
the seventh chrysolite,
the eighth beryl,
the ninth topaz,
the tenth chrysoprase,
the eleventh jacinth,
the twelfth amethyst."


Reference photo for emerald

Comments