Not My Monkeys

Not My Monkeys
"Not my circus. Not my monkeys." I read on social media that this is an old Polish saying that means "Not my problem." Fun to say, funny to think about, and a great humorous way to remind myself that I don't have to manage the whole world; what fun! (If it is really Polish, that makes it even better.)

30 x 40  acrylic on 1.5" deep gallery wrapped canvas; painted edges

Comment or contact me to purchase

Right now in the United States, many people feel like a circus is being performed right in front of us in the political arena. At the risk of being too pedantic, or (on the other hand) too flippant, I am reminding myself and my brothers and sisters that this country and the leaders that are chosen are not actually our 'circus'. Our true home is heavenly, our KING is on the throne for all eternity, and all is well. 

I have been working on this painting for quite a while now. I have had several (different) mental images of what it would look like, and what I would communicate. Well, as of this morning, I think I have finally come to final thoughts on both. I love the playful and cheery reminder of GOD's faithfulness.

Psalm 119:89-90 (Amplified Bible)
Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven [standing firm and unchangeable].
Your faithfulness continues from generation to generation;
You have established the earth, and it stands [securely].

Comments