No Worries

No Worries
Worry has sneaked up on me lately, as I have felt responsible for the entire world. I don't really know what makes me think I have any say in matters, but I guess deep down, I still have that oldest child thing going... 


24" x 24" acrylic on wood panel 
ready to frame


Underneath, this painting is a mess. A complete mess. I had used up paint from other projects on this surface, which often is a great starting point for a painting. But this time, my efforts were leading nowhere. Only by reshaping and covering nearly everything has a good result come about. The wrong colors and shapes were 'set right'.


The last week or so, I have been reading novels again - something I love to do, but seldom take the time for! This particular quote is from a George MacDonald book that I had not read before, and I loved it. The reminder that GOD is in control, and is not hard on me as His child was timely for me! 

"Had she gotten out in front of the guidance of Providence, and was she therefore now where she had no right to be? ... Even if she had put herself there, and was to blame for being there, ... God was not a hard Master. If she had made a mistake, he would pardon her, and either give her work here, where she found herself, or send her elsewhere. ... For she thought in the presence of him who, because he is always setting our wrong things right, is called God our Savior." A Daughter's Devotion, George MacDonald,  p. 156

My quiet Bible reading time, too, has reminded me that I am not in charge, and what my "job" is. I was reading in Deuteronomy 30, and the same message was repeated several times. Obeying GOD with all my heart and soul, and loving HIM and holding fast to HIM - that is my only responsibility. What a relief! What a delight - to hold fast to my Father Who loves me! HE fixes my messes, and sets my wrong (worries) things right! 

Deuteronomy 20:11 “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach."


Comments