A Thousand Hills

A Thousand Hills
"Wake up! The cows are out!" the three year old shouted to his teen aged brother. He didn't mean that they had gotten out of the pasture, but that they were IN the pasture where he could see them! 

My husband and I have been helping friends move, and as I waited in the van at the end of their driveway, I was very taken by the beautiful, peaceful pasture across the street. I took several pictures, but mostly just sat and 'experienced it'. I wanted to look and feel the emotion from seeing it. 

No longer available
11" x 30" acrylic on watercolor paper
ready to frame

After watching for a while, the cows DID come out. It made me smile to remember the little guy's enthusiasm, and it also made me think about my theme that I have been painting about lately. (A theme that started almost accidentally several paintings ago.) My theme is this. Though so many things all around me seem to be in such chaos, my Heavenly Father has it all in hand. HE is in charge. 

My title comes from a song by John W. Peterson, and from Psalm 50:10. Here are the lyrics and the verse. 
He owns the cattle on a thousand hills,
The wealth in every mine;
He owns the rivers and the rocks and rills,
The sun and stars that shine.
Wonderful riches, more than tongue can tell -
He is my Father so they're mine as well;
He owns the cattle on a thousand hills -
I know that He will care for me.

Psalm 50:10
"For every beast of the forest is mine,
and the cattle upon a thousand hills."

Comments